KfN: modern, integrative, human
Our Clinic for Internal Medicine, Naturopathy and Homeopathy in Munich Harlaching (KfN) is committed to providing patients with an integrative and holistic form of treatment, through a combination of conventional diagnostics and treatments and officially recognized alternative therapies, both in medical and humanitarian terms.
Conventional medicine and complementary treatment - hand in hand
We build on a contemporary integrative treatment concept in which we specifically combine the best of two worlds: modern, guideline-based conventional medicine and recognised forms of complementary medicine. All our treatments are based on scientific conventional medicine. We supplement this with complementary naturopathic and homeopathic treatments that help to mobilize the body's self-healing powers. In many cases, we can thus achieve lasting relief of symptoms, improve the success of treatment and the quality of life.
We treat people, not diseases
You - our patients - are at the center of everything we do. We deal intensively not only with your illness, but with you, the sick person. For each of our patients, we create an individual therapy concept that is completely tailored to their personal needs. This concept is not only focused on the symptoms, but takes into account the whole person, their medical history and their life story.
We are here for you
Our dedicated and qualified team ensures that you receive competent and compassionate medical care. We will be happy to advise you personally and answer any questions you may have about our services.
As an acute care hospital, KfN admits all patients regardless of who pays for their care. If a patient has been referred to our hospital by his or her primary care physician, all treatment costs are covered by the patient's health insurance. We recommend that privately insured patients obtain confirmation of coverage from their health insurer prior to admission to the KfN Clinic. With 110 beds and as a specialist clinic for internal medicine, we are ideally equipped to treat both, acute and chronic illnesses.
Chief Physician - Medical Directorate
Dr. med. Michaela Moosburner
Specialist in internal medicine, gastroenterology, naturopathy, homeopathy and nutritional medicine
Deputy Chief physician - Medical Directorate
Specialist for internal medicine, naturopathy and homeopathy
- Rheumatic diseases
(e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis)
- Chronic pain management
(e.g. arthrosis, back pain, neuralgia, headache)
- Secondarytumor treatments
(e.g. strengthening of the immune system, fatigue relief, pain management, help with gastrointestinal problems, relief of drug side effects)
- Autoimmune diseases
(e.g. scleroderma, lupus erythematosus, myasthenia gravis)
- Diseases of the digestive organs
(e.g. functional and inflammatory gastrointestinal disorders)
- Respiratory and lung diseases
(e.g. COPD, asthma, chronic bronchitis)
- Skin diseases
(e.g. neurodermitis, psoriasis, chronic urticaria)
- Allergic diseases
(e.g. allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma
- Neurological disorders
(e.g. post-zoster neuralgia, polyneuropathy, supportive therapy for multiple sclerosis)
- Cardiovascular disease
(e.g. heart failure, circulatory problems and thrombosis)
- Metabolic disorders
(e.g. type 2 diabetes, lipid disorders and gout)
- Diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract
(e.g. chronic inflammation)
More than 100 years of experience for our patients
KfN is a modern internal medicine clinic with a family character. For over 100 years we have been one of only a few residential care clinics in Germany to offer an integrative therapy concept for conventional medicine and complementary therapies. Since 1893, our clinic has been applying its special therapeutic approach with great success. Our patients with acute and chronic diseases benefit from our medical expertise in terms of modern diagnostics and therapy on the one hand, and our specialist knowledge and extensive experience in the field of classical naturopathy and homeopathy on the other.
Competence in acute and chronic diseases
For acute diseases, the focus is on evidence-based conventional medicine and rapid diagnostic workup. At the same time, we use the proven therapeutic methods of naturopathy to support and complement our work.
Chronically ill patients appreciate our multimodal treatment approach. Especially the naturopathic complex treatment, in which various classical naturopathic methods are combined and used in high therapy density, can open up new treatment options for chronic diseases.
"Our patients experience that they are not passive viewers but active participants in their treatment."
- Conventional medicine as therapy basis
- Physical therapy (e.g. physiotherapy based on neurophysiological principles, movement therapy, electro-, hydro- and thermotherapy, reflective breathing therapy, reflexology and manual therapy)
- Nutritional therapy (e.g. special vegetarian diet, low-histamine nutrition, therapeutic fasting, individual nutrition plans for food intolerances)
- Phytotherapy (e.g. anti-inflammatory, immuno-modulating or pain-relieving preparations from medicinal plants)
- Purging procedures (e.g. leeches, cupping therapy, bloodletting)
- Hyperthermia (moderate whole-body hyperthermia, locoregional deep hyperthermia)
- Neural therapy (e.g. infiltration therapy for the treatment of pain)
- Order therapy (german “Ordnungstherapie”) (e.g. relaxation, movement, perception and art therapy)
- Therapeutic fasting (e.g. Buchinger fasting, F.-X. Mayer therapy, whey cure, Schroth therapy, slime fasting, tea-water fasting)
- Naturopathic care (e.g. wraps and pads, aroma care, rhythmic rubbing)
- Ultrasound diagnostic services (including contrast-enhanced ultrasound, vascular and heart ultrasound)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG), including standard, exercise and 24-hour ECG
- Long-term blood pressure monitoring
- Pulmonary function testing
- Laboratory tests
Should further examinations (e.g. computer tomography) be necessary, they will be carried out in coordination with Harlaching Municipal Hospital.
If you are interested in in-patient treatment at the KfN or would like to find out more about what we have to offer, please feel free to contact us at any time. We look forward to your call or email or you can simply fill in our contact form <LINK zum Kontaktformular.
Our contact details
In July 2020 the new outpatient clinic for integrative medicine at the KfN opened. Private patients and self-payers will find here in an independent area of the clinic the possibility of individual outpatient medical consultation and treatment.
Our clinic is located within the grounds of the Municipal Hospital Munich-Harlaching. Patients and visitors can use a limited number of spaces in the car park. We therefore would like to ask you to use public transport if possible.
Krankenhaus für Naturheilweisen
Tramway lines 15 and 25, tram stop “Klinikum Harlaching”: departure from subway stations Wettersteinplatz (U1), Silberhornstrasse (U2), Max-Weber-Platz (U4/U5)
Bus no. 139, bus-stop „Klinikum Harlaching“: departure from subway station Mangfallplatz (U1) and streetcar and subway station Giesinger Bahnhof (S3, S7, U2)
If you were referred to the Krankenhaus für Naturheilweisen by your General Practitioner (GP), please contact us to agree a date for your admission. When doing so, please also state if you want to take advantage of any possible optional extras (see below ).
During normal business hours:
You can reach our patient admission by telephone under 089/62505-437 at the following times:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 8 am - 7 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am - 2 pm
- Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
We will be expecting you at the agreed time in our patient admission in room E13 on the ground floor of the Krankenhaus für Naturheilweisen. Please keep the appointment or inform us about possible delays as early as possible.
You should have the following documents or information ready upon admission:
- Insurance card of your health insurer or cost coverage declaration of your private health insurer
- Note: If you are a patient with private health insurance and cannot present a cost coverage declaration of your health insurer, we generally reserve the right to admit you as self-paying patient; a pre-payment will be charged.
- Referral document from your GP or specialist
- ID card or passport
- Means of payment (cash, bank card) for pre-payment of hospital services for which you cannot provide a cost coverage declaration
- If required, payment exemption for statutory payments for your hospital stay
- If required, your bank details, if you would like to use the convenient direct debit service to pay for your statutory contribution
You can take advantage of different optional extras in our hospital. These include, amongst others, accommodation in single and twin rooms and treatment by the medical director. Please contact our staff at the reception desk concerning these extras.
Find out more in our flyer about possible optional extras in the KfN <Verlinkung mit dem Flyer>.
Visits from relatives and friends will support your recovery process. You can welcome visitors between 2 pm and 8 pm. We understand that it is not always possible to keep to these times. Thus, please let us know if you need an excemption.
Please be considerate of other patients if they feel disturbed by your visitors. You and your visitors are welcome to use the common room or take a walk through our gardens. However, please do not forget to inform the nurses when leaving the ward.
We hope you had a pleasant stay and wish you a safe journey home. However, please consider a few things before leaving.
You will be timely informed about the discharge date by the attending doctors. So that you will be able to organize to be picked up, if necessary.
On discharge day, we would like to ask you to pay the statutory supplement at the cash desk/patient reception. This does not apply, of course, if you have opted for direct debit upon your admission.
Furthermore, please return your chip card for patient entertainment (TV/telephone/internet) at the charging station in the foyer. If you have any problems, the staff at the patient admissions desk will be happy to help you.
Please make sure that you have completely emptied your wardrobe/safe and have not left anything behind.
We wish you a safe journey home.